Name: Joseph Clay
Genre: Paranormal – Thriller – Suspense – Erotic.
- Witch’s Dilemma released in paperback and e-Book October 2016
- Demons of the Jungle released in e-Book format May 2014. Paperback edition May 2015. Second edition February 2016, paperback and e-Book.
Video Book Trailers
- Blog Personal: Joseph Clay – Author The life of an author, in front of and away from the keyboard. 2018 – Present
- Blog Personal: Joe – Coming Unglued The life of a writer away from the keyboard. 2017- Present
- Blog Contributor: ThunderHorse Publishing 2017 – Present
- Blog Contributor: Live Laugh Love Nashville – Writer of Music Monday Artist Showcases 2017
- Blog Personal: Joseph Clay – Author The official Blog 2014 – Present
- Blog Personal: Am I the only one not insane; Mind of matter – My mind is the is the only one that matters. 2009 – 2013
The below information, pictures, author bio, hobbies/personal interest information, news, and interviews are provided for the general public. Official, downloadable Word and PDF files of Joseph’s biography, interviews, and book promos can be found in his Press Kit.
Joseph Edward Clay was born in Newnan, the county seat of Coweta County, Georgia, a small town south of Atlanta, on April 28, 1960. Joseph is the second son―but also the oldest as his older sibling died only months after being born―of John Tillman Clay and Virginia Imajo Coalson Clay.
Growing up, Joseph went by the name of Eddie and spent his time playing baseball, studying martial arts, and riding dirt bikes. When he wasn’t being a daredevil he could be found in Newnan’s fabulous Court Square, sitting on the wraparound porch of the courthouse and playing checkers with the older men of the town.
He never won a game but loved listening to the stories those wise men told of war, politics, love, broken hearts, and ghosts. Those men taught Joseph that the truth is sometimes too unreal to believe, and in that case you improvise.
From these chats Joseph acquired a knack for spinning tall tales that are more believable than the truth.
Joseph began his writing career at the age of 53. Read ‘Numbers to Words: My Journey from Engineering to Writing’ that explains how a man who can’t spell wound up being a author.
Joseph has been married and divorced three times and has six wonderful kids: three boys and three girls. He and his family currently reside in Nashville.
Hobbies – Personal Interest
Joseph loves to watch baseball and his favorite team is the Atlanta Braves, no matter how well or badly they play. His favorite time of year is summer, when he hikes nature trails and takes photographs with his 35mm and digital cameras. During spring through early fall you can find him on the golf course at least once a week; in the winter he is at the local bowling alley in Hendersonville with his family.
Joseph believes in keeping the mind clear and free of negativity. His love of horseback riding and taking out the Harley as much as the weather allows keeps his senses sharp; he has always maintained that you never see a Harley or hitching post in front of a shrink’s office.
For relaxation he enjoys crossword puzzles, the performing arts and his favorite music, the blues. But for him nothing can beat drinking a nice smooth glass of bourbon), straight up, while smoking a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Dark Knight II cigar. He would prefer to do this from a beach chair watching the waves roll across the white sands of a beach.
Joseph works with several non-profits in the Nashville area and sat on the board of directors for the Matthew 2535 Initiative. He is an avid coin collector and a member of the ANA and the NGC Collectors Society.
Joseph looks forward to expanding his writing skills and furthering his education by taking courses that are related to creative writing. In the meantime he’s very happy to continue telling his tall tales!
Interviews and Books Reviews of Joseph Clay
- April 2016 – Clare Diston – Human Voices Editorial Interview of Joseph Clay – Author. Interview of Independent Author Joseph Clay.